Friday 15th October - 'Suddha Bhakata Carana Renu'
Please join us tonight, as along with our usual programme of Musical Mantra Meditation - Kirtan and a Veggie/Vegan Spiritual Feast, we will also focussing on a special Bhajan (devotional song).
We will be singing 'Suddha Bhakata Carana Renu' by Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura, a beautiful song that describes many favourable practices to further develop our devotion for Krishna.
Here is a version by and favourite of HH Visnujana Swami maharaj, one the earliet modern day Hare Krishna Movement's saints.
śuddha-bhakata-caranna-rennu, bhajana-anukūla bhakata-sevā, parama-siddhi, prema-latikāra mūla
(2) mādhava-tithi, bhakti-jananī, jetane pālana kori krsna-basati, basati boli', parama ādare bori
(3) gaur āmāra, je-saba sthāne, koralo bhramanna rańge se-saba sthāna, heribo āmi, prannayi-bhakata-sańge
(4) mrrdańga-bādya, śunite mana, abasara sadā jāce gaura-bihita, kīrtana śuni', ānande hrrdoya nāce
(5) jugala-mūrti, dekhiyā mora, parama-ānanda hoya prasāda-sebā korite hoya, sakala prapañca jaya
(6) je-dina grrhe, bhajana dekhi, grrhete goloka bhāya caranna-sīdhu, dekhiyā gańgā, sukha sā sīmā pāya
(7) tulasī dekhi', jurāya prānna, mādhava-tossannī jāni' gaura-priya, śāka-sevane, jīvana sārthaka māni
(8) bhakativinoda, krsna-bhajane, anakūla pāya jāhā prati-dibase, parama-sukhe, swīkāra koroye tāhā
1) The dust of the lotus feet of pure devotees, enthusiastic devotional service, and service to the pure devotees of the highest order are the roots of the creeper of devotion.
2) The holy days like Ekadasi and Janmastami are the mother of devotion for those devotees who respect them. Let the holy places of Krsna's pastimes be my places of worship, and bless me.
3) May I always visit all the holy places associated with the lila of Lord Caitanya and His devotees.
4) When I hear the sound of the mrdanga in my heart I always desire to join in kirtana; and when I hear the bonafide songs describing Lord Caitanya's pastimes, my heart dances in ecstasy.
5) Whenever I see the transcendental sri-vigrahas of Radha-Krsna I am in bliss, for by taking Their Lordships' prasada we can conquer over the material elements.
6) One day while performing devotional practices, I saw my house transformed into Goloka Vrndavana. When I take the caranamrta of the Deity, I see the holy Ganges waters that come from the feet of Lord Visnu, and my bliss knows no bounds.
7) By seeing the tulasi tree my heart feels joy and Lord Madhava (Krsna) is also satisfied. When I eat the prasada favored by Lord Caitanya it is a new life's experience. (Lord Caitanya was very fond of a green vegetable preparation called sak, and there is another song in this book that tells of the amazing effects of this type of prasada.)
8) Bhaktivinoda concludes by saying: "Whosoever attains the stage of enthusiasm for these devotional practices will be supremely blissful wherever he may be."